There is no chance, no design, no fate, that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul. Ella Wheeler Wilcox
I love that. It sums up this weeks blog post nicely. In Rebecca language I translated it to be – if you are as stubborn as a mule about reaching your goals – then you stand a bloody good chance of succeeding. Life as a mule isn’t a bed of roses. They are hard workers and slog away at things. They don’t give up. They do what they want and nothing and no-one will dusted them. They don’t turn away at the first hurdle. They keep going and going… Working for yourself you need a certain degree of stubbornness. The business won’t take off and keep afloat with a persistent push. That stubbornness will keep you going when you tumble and have to get up and over hurdles again and again. That stubbornness is what drove you to start, to be your own boss, to aim for something better. Here are my tips for using the power of that beautiful Mule…
- Keep on keeping on. Be persistent. No matter how crap the week is turning out, or how much you fear stepping out of your comfort zone, or messing something up. Do not hide and surrender. Chin up, head high and just plough on. It’s going to be worth it.
- Meet folks, new and old. Don’t class it as networking and runaway in fear. It’s socialising. It’s stretching and refreshing the little old grey cells. It’s providing others with company, expanding your and their horizons.
- Be the BOSS. Act like the BOSS. Because you are… You ARE your business. You are someone and you are a valuable asset. Get into the Boss mindset and take charge.
- Always always always ensure your product and service is off the highest quality. Without this all your efforts in getting customers is to no avail if you fail to deliver a quality item.
- Without marketing no one will find you. Marketing can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it. You need to make time for marketing Every. Single. Week. It’s somewhere where you can try out new techniques, measure the results and keep tweaking that recipe. Not everything will work – but that’s ok as it shows you where you do and don’t need to concentrate your efforts on.
- Take heed of Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon) words of advice
We are stubborn on vision. We are flexible on details.
Your goals – they should be concrete. You have really niched them down. How you get to them… that needs to be flexible as you regularly assess what is and isn’t working and go with the flow.
- Regrets – I’ve had a few… things I didn’t do, chances I didn’t leap at and on the opposite end of the scale – the things I did buy into – that were a waste of time and money. I’d rather face the regret of having tried something and find it isn’t right for me/my business than spend the rest of my days wondering ‘what if’. Your gut normally sends you messages. Listen to your impulses. Ask yourself ‘whats the worst that could happen if…’.
Looking for more techniques and support to build an amazing business? If so, I can help 🙂 click here to sign up for my newsletter and get my hints, tips, videos, free training and toolkit of magic resources>>